Welcome to DIMVA2013!
The annual DIMVA conference serves as a premier forum for advancing
the state of the art in intrusion detection, malware detection, and
vulnerability assessment. Each year, DIMVA brings together
international experts from academia, industry, and government to
present and discuss novel research in these areas.
In celebration of this years conference anniversary the DIMVA program committee has prepared an excellent conference program! Besides, our Capture the Flag partner n.runs is organizing an accompanying program that is a Capture the Flag contest!
For this reason the DIMVA2013 organizing committee is convinced that the conference is well suited for attendees who would like to claim Continuing Professional Education (CPE) points for an IT security professional certification program. Please note, different regulations apply for different certification programs and organizations. Check with your certification organization if an official DIMVA2013 attendance certificate is sufficient to earn CPE points for your certification program.
organized by the special interest group Security – Intrusion Detection and Response (SIDAR)
of the German Informatics Society (GI) and technically co-sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society.
The conference proceedings will appear in Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
- 2013-07-29: Some slide sets are available online.
- 2013-07-20: That's it folks. DIMVA'13 is finally over. We would like to thank all speakers, attendees, sponsors, partners, and organizers!
Here are some impressions from the 10th Conference on Detection of Intrusions and Malware & Vulnerability Assessment.
Our conference venue (Mövenpick Hotel Berlin):
Our social event location (Reichstag building):
- 2013-07-20: DIMVA 2014 will take place in the Royal Holloway, University of London!
- 2013-07-20: Babak Rahbarinia, Roberto Perdisci, Andrea Lanzi, and Kang Li won the Best Paper award for their paper "PeerRush: Mining for Unwanted P2P Traffic".
- 2013-07-15: Join the #dimvactf IRC channel on hackint for realtime communication.
- 2013-07-13: The CTF starts at 8:00pm on July 17 and ends at 4:00pm on July 19.
- 2013-07-11: Do not forget our DIMVA 'welcome drinks' get together on the evening of July 17. We will have a nice BBQ!
- 2013-07-04: The registration for the CTF is open.
- 2013-07-01: 1st CTF prize is a Nexus 7 3G. Register here: DIMVA - CTF
- 2013-07-01: n.runs is organizing a CTF (accompanying program) that can be played during DIMVA.
- 2013-07-01: We are pleased to announce our Capture the Flag partnership with n.runs!
- 2013-06-21: You can get an appropriate DIMVA'13 certificate of attendance, e.g., to get CPE points. The registration is still open.
- 2013-06-02: Extended deadline for early registration: June 12, 2013!
- 2013-05-30: Note, the early bird discount deadline (Jun 2) is approaching.
- 2013-05-18: A first version of the technical program schedule is online.
- 2013-05-17: Note, the stipend application deadline (May 20) is approaching.
- 2013-05-15: The IEEE Computer Society approves DIMVA 2013 for technical co-sponsorship.
- 2013-04-30: Call for Participation including highlights (Social Event, Welcome Drinks on 07/17, Talks, ...) announcement is online!
- 2013-04-17: The list of accepted papers is online.
- 2013-03-20: The DIMVA 2013 conference registration is open. Registration & student grants information can be found here.
- 2013-02-25: Venue details are online.
- 2013-02-05: Extended deadline for paper submission: February 17, 2013!
- 2013-02-01: DIMVA2013 paper submission deadline (Feb 10) is approaching.
- 2012-11-24: The DIMVA2013 paper submission site has been opened. Submission guidelines can be found here.
- 2012-10-29: DIMVA2013 website is up.